Tuesday, 20 July 2010

Adios Muchachos

I have twice, in recent weeks, had it drawn to my attention that life is short and may be terminated without notice.

This has raised the nagging doubt that perhaps the unpredictable (but  certainly small) amount of life that we have should be devoted to things that have some tiny element of significance or meaning - scarce beyond imagining though these are. And I have suspected for some time that the internet is not something with significance - indeed, I conclude, on the basis that it appears to be a place of  infinitely varied peversities and temptations and the spiritual home all the idle hands on the planet,  that it is actually the work of the Devil.

And I am so bored with Dark Forces and Ancient, Brooding Evil these days.

And I fear that this site is something I have done in lieu of doing something real - and as I say, it has occurred to me that in the midst of life etc etc.

So I'm afraid this is the last post (hence  the words of the Immortal Carlos Gardel in the title).

And, if I may presume to offer a word of advice, I think it would do you much good to turn off the computer and go and talk to a real person.

Do try to enjoy the rest of your lives, my dears.

2 comments:

Turling said...

Best of luck to you. I have enjoyed your posts. I now expect your cure for cancer within the month.

Springheel said...

Actually, I was thinking more in terms of the perfect martini...