The Black Dog has decided to visit.
Out of the blue, of course. As ever. I was in good humour and suddenly, I was not.
It is just like a cloud passing over the sun; colour is leached from the scene, the air is chill...the day seems changed for the worse. And as is ever the case, my loathing for the human species bubbles up like bile.
I often wonder whether the absolute insanity of what I do for a living is one of the triggering factors. I am afraid that I will not be sharing what that is. But don't assume that this is because the job is important or sensitive. It isn't. You only need to know that I work with Her Majesty's Government. You don't need to know the particular fool's errand I am upon.
Anyway, it is depressing to realise that regrettably, most of the UK's Ministers and many of our senior bureaucrats are, by any standards, incredibly stupid. But that is not the cause of my depression. Nor is it trigged by encountering, once again, the stultifying idiocy of Her Majesty's Treasury. These are petty irritations. On a good day I simply smile at them (in a condescending manner, of course - I have my reputation to think of). But on a bad day, whilst I may genuinely consider these scum to be no better than traitors (so egregious and damaging is their idiocy), that is effect, not cause.
The problem is, I do not understand the cause. But I am an absolute expert on the effects.
Thursday, 28 August 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Springheel, you write well for a government employee. And although Black Dog has descended, you still have the ability to make others laugh.
Post a Comment